Working Internship Mechanical Engineering – Quality Function Deployment
Bosch Transmission Technology in Tilburg is looking for an independently, proactive and communicationally strong engineering student. You will support our team from February 2021 on.
Bosch Transmission Technology is market leader in development and mass manufacture of push belts for the continuously variable transmission (CVT). The innovative automatic transmission is invented in the Netherlands and has become an international success. The process development department (TEF1) consists of approximately 30 people and is divided into 3 groups. During your internship you will be part of the group that is responsible for improving and creating new processes for the elements of our push belts. In creating the elements, fine blanking is the main process. We are trying to chart the parameters of all our processes within a Quality Function Deployment (QFD) matrix. For most processes in element line this is done, except for fine blanking. It is your task to create this QFD matrix with one to one cause effect relations between process parameters and product parameters. Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Your responsibilities are
Your task is to create a QFD matrix filled with graphs for our element fine blanking process. In doing so you need to take the following steps:
- You will learn all the ins and outs of our blanking process for elements and make it your own;
- You will investigate the effects of changes in our element blanking process as a cause effect;
- You will create the QFD matrix and further improve it along the way.
This is you
You are an EU national or a non-EU student at a Dutch university or applied sciences (hbo) or University (wo) eligible for a working internship in the Netherlands. Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following characteristics:
- You study mechanical engineering, mechatronics or electrical engineering and are looking for a working internship starting January or February 2021;
- You are proactive and can work independently;
- You can communicate with several levels of the plant from operator to mechanic and from engineer to line manager;
- You speak and write English fluently; Dutch is a plus;
- You know how to work with MS Office, knowledge of Minitab is a plus.
We offer you
Bosch Transmission Technology is market leader in the development and mass production of push belts for the continuously variable transmission (CVT). They offer a challenging working and learning environment where the atmosphere at the department is collegial and accessible. You have the chance to gain working experience in a multinational company, where it is important to be able to work independently and to develop your own ideas. During your internship you will receive a good internship allowance and professional mentoring.